someone who enjoys staying active, academics, helping out in their community, or ALL three! Whether you enjoy jogging, geography, or picking up litter around your neighborhood, You are an Ask, Listen, Learn Team Member!
Fitness Ask, Listen, Learn Team Member
As a Fitness Ask, Listen, Learn Team Member, you respect your body's uniqueness and you participate in activities that improve or maintain your health. You are conscious of living a healthy lifestyle, and you avoid risky behaviors that may negatively impact your body or well-being.
- Keeping a food/activity diary
- Participate in sports
- Play an Ask, Listen, Learn Team game
- Complete the Ask, Listen, Learn Team Pledge
- Create a recipe for a healthy snack
- Setting and meeting a physical fitness goal
- Playing outside for one hour a day
- Excercising 30 minutes a day
Academic Ask, Listen, Learn Team Member
As an Academic Ask, Listen, Learn Team Member, you have an ongoing curiosity for knowledge. You want to learn new concepts and improve your skills. You seek challenges that help you understand the world around you - be it in the classroom or in the "real world." Most creative activities are part of this dimension.
- Participate in a science fair
- Play an instrument
- Write a poem or essay
- Set a goal to improve your grades
- Read a book
- Memorize how alchohol can affect 3 parts of your body
- Create 3 ways to say no to alcohol
Community Ask, Listen, Learn Team Member
As a Community Service Ask, Listen, Learn Team Member, your goal is to live in harmony with others, both within and outside your family. You recognize your responsibility to protect the environment, and you like to help your community be a better place for those who live in it.
- Donate used clothes or toys
- Collect canned goods for a food pantry
- Spend time with a family member
- Read a story to a younger brother or sister
- Do something to help around the house
- List 5 things you can do to save energy in your house
- Create a terrarium; plant a garden or tree